Welcome to Gaia! ::

You do not Duel because...

you despise Mahayr. 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
you despise someone else in here. 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
you are, as accused, CHICKEN! 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
it is beneath you, you are just that good. BUT too chicken to prove it. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
you have too much on your plate for lowly duels, and are CHICKEN! 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
there is not enough to be gained, you are greedy. 0.25 25.0% [ 6 ]
Other... post your own answer. 0.45833333333333 45.8% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 63 64 65 > >>

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
C-M-S_Procrastinator
Enguarde! D:<

Challenger name: cat4452
Defender name: enFrancais
Bet: 5k
Judge: C-M-S Procrastinator
Preferred form: free verse
Subject: removal of vital organs.

Who are you, what is this?!?!?!
Judges need to be approved.
Judges are listed on Page 1.
Duels are determined in a certain order.
All information is on Page 1 of the Main where.
Awards sent.
caffine
wait Zeros name is Brad? 0_0

Now see what you've done?
*glomps Brad*

and what are the awards for? I confuzzled I didn't win anything!

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I think you tied for most duels!

I like calling him Zero...

In regard to my post with all the red in it up there, the person who posted the ENGUARDE! was asked to Judge that duel by one of the participants.

We do not normally allow guest judges, but we do occasionally, if I know at least one of the Duelists, and sometimes the Judge.

Frenchy, if you want that judged by C-M-S Procrastinator, please let me know. It was Cat who asked and I do not really know either Cat or Procrastinator.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
C-M-S_Procrastinator

I have heard from Frenchy regarding this, and hereby give the go-ahead for the chosen Guest Judge.

Please be sure all of the information is accurate. Is this a Call-Out Duel?

To the Arena, then! *Cackles* ENGUARDE!
Mahayr

I like calling him Zero...

xd

caffine
*glomps Brad*

eek

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Quote:
Challenger: knight_of_chivalry
Defender: Adimurti
Bet: 2k
Judge: Zero
Form: Haibun, Senryu
Context: Open

The bass-toned air dove through the snips that littered his cuticles, running chills up his arms and raising every hair as it passed - the perfect contrast as her heated hands drifted dreamingly across his skin. The speakers thrashed and thumped: a verbatim, mocking his throbbing chest and shaking his stomach until acids tingled his tongue[sils]. Strobes, terrorizing his senses, closed in with the barbarity of gunfire and blackened his sight from the hunted - foxtrotting through mists of body-heat and hormones condensed on her gleaming features.

Biting the bullet brings more than gun-smoke, stinging his throat and straining his diaphragm to move after the first boom boom click of it exploring his gums and crumbling his teeth (ashes to ashes)

rust breeds rust -
contaminating his lips
under her oiled grin.
Quote:

Foucault’s Untitled Love Poem

Sitting in the university common room, I wait. I’m sitting near a series of windows, vaguely noticing them brimming with nature. I adjust my shirt for the thirtieth time, and watch the doors nonchalantly. A few minutes later they open, and I wait for the galaxy to walk through.

I sense her: with surreal realization I can feel her sing in a myriad of unspoken languages. My lungs dance to the rhythm that accompanies her, the beat rocking out my veins and capillaries, celestial drums firing up the synapses, the pulse of her heart collapsing mine. A piercing smile burns through me, lacerating my stomach and making every lining scream. My head spins and I grip the table, watching the world become elevated above colour.

Suddenly, I understand why black holes are so possessive.

Mort n’existe jamais;
Seulement un
endroit language
feels, not just describes.

*translation*
Death never exists:
Only a place …

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
BLESS YOUR HEART, ZERO!!! I so do not envy you this one.

Will do edits and updates on first pages tomorrow.
Mahayr

I knew what I was doing.
Mahayr
C-M-S_Procrastinator

I have heard from Frenchy regarding this, and hereby give the go-ahead for the chosen Guest Judge.

Please be sure all of the information is accurate. Is this a Call-Out Duel?
No, it's a regular.

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
bumph

ninja

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
zero the last decepticon
Mahayr

I knew what I was doing.

Oh, I have no doubt of that... but still!

Alrightythen, thank you for verifications. Will update today. First pages. Does anyone look at the first pages?! Hahaha. I DO!
Adimurti
Quote:

The bass-toned air dove through the snips that littered his cuticles, running chills up his arms and raising every hair as it passed - the perfect contrast as her heated hands drifted dreamingly across his skin. The speakers thrashed and thumped: a verbatim, mocking his throbbing chest and shaking his stomach until acids tingled his tongue[sils]. Strobes, terrorizing his senses, closed in with the barbarity of gunfire and blackened his sight from the hunted - foxtrotting through mists of body-heat and hormones condensed on her gleaming features.

Biting the bullet brings more than gun-smoke, stinging his throat and straining his diaphragm to move after the first boom boom click of it exploring his gums and crumbling his teeth (ashes to ashes)

rust breeds rust -
contaminating his lips
under her oiled grin.

knight_of_chivalry

Foucault’s Untitled Love Poem

Sitting in the university common room, I wait. I’m sitting near a series of windows, vaguely noticing them brimming with nature. I adjust my shirt for the thirtieth time, and watch the doors nonchalantly. A few minutes later they open, and I wait for the galaxy to walk through.

I sense her: with surreal realization I can feel her sing in a myriad of unspoken languages. My lungs dance to the rhythm that accompanies her, the beat rocking out my veins and capillaries, celestial drums firing up the synapses, the pulse of her heart collapsing mine. A piercing smile burns through me, lacerating my stomach and making every lining scream. My head spins and I grip the table, watching the world become elevated above colour.

Suddenly, I understand why black holes are so possessive.

Mort n’existe jamais;
Seulement un
endroit language
feels, not just describes.

*translation*
Death never exists:
Only a place …

eek

Okay, okay, okay.
I just need to say something about this, real quick:
Both of these were amazing. I could crit them all day long and kiss a whole lot of a**, but I'm not going to. I'm simply going to state who the winner is and why.

The winner, beyond any shadow of a doubt, is Adi.

The why:
With heavy use of clever words and alliteration, his piece just astonished the s**t out of me. The topic grabbed me from the outset and the bleak feel of the piece compelled me to read it several times over. I'd go so far as to say that it's the best thing I've seen written in these forums in at least a year, including my own failed attempts at what I so naively call writing. By God, ********.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff